How It Works
Tuition & Costs
How much does online public school cost?
No tuition is required for students to attend Online Public School in Oklahoma (ISOK). As an online public school, ISOK is a tuition-free alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar public schools. Since students can enroll from anywhere in the state where internet is available, we’re able to provide a powerful school choice, making quality education more accessible for all Oklahoma students in grades 6-12.
Just as with onsite public schools, there are some online school fees for supplies and materials that will help your child be successful with online learning. Read below for more information about how online public schools are funded and what costs families can expect to incur.
Quick Facts About Online School Fees
No Cost to Families and Students
- ISOK enrollment
- Oklahoma-certified teacher support
- Live, synchronous online Class Connects
- Textbooks and course supplies*
Family-Supplied Items and Expenses
- Computer (loaner may be available)
- Internet connection (stipend may be available)
- Printer ink and paper
- Consumable materials as needed, such as pens, pencils, crayons, etc.
How Tuition-Free Online Public School Funding Works
The concept of public funding is at the heart of the tuition-free model of online public schools. Just like traditional public schools, ISOK is funded by taxpayer dollars and state education budgets. This financial support ensures that students can access quality education without the burden of online school fees. Financial benefits of online public schools include:
- Lower overhead costs than traditional schools
- Fewer costs for transportation and facilities
- Flexibility to accommodate work and school schedules
- Eliminating geographic boundaries to quality schools
- Greater accessibility of support services
K12-Powered Online Public School
By leveraging K12’s innovative technology and curriculum, we put more than 20 years of experience in online learning to work for you and your student. ISOK tuition-free online education empowers students to thrive in an ever-evolving digital world.